BEAUTIFUL FAILURE By Mariah Cole

5 Amazing Stars!! December 17, 2013
5 STARS!! (Just because that’s the max amount of stars they will allow!)

I received an ARC copy of this book from the author, Mariah Cole. I began reading yesterday afternoon and finished at 2AM. I have been sitting here for most of the afternoon trying to figure how I was going to write this review. My emotions are all over the place! So much so that I was compelled to email the author with my thoughts. I’m going to try to make this as brief as possible…

First off, when you receive an ARC from a brand spanking new author, you just never know what to expect. Well, I was floored to say the least. This did not read at all like a debut book. The flow and dialog were perfect! How can you not find yourself clued to this book when the opening line reads “My mother was a Whore”?

Emerald is an interesting character for sure. She’s a b*tch. Plain and simple. But once you begin to understand her story, she becomes an almost loveable b*tch. She was raised very unconventionally and is trying to find her own way, even if she doesn’t even realize that right away.

Carter is the perfect man (but not in the unrealistic kind of way). He is handsome of course, patient and relentless. He should have run at first contact with Emerald, but the fool kept at it.

This book contained a wide variety…love, hate, angst, passion, loneliness and addiction.

I will stop here because I want this to remain spoiler free and for you to experience it all for yourself.

This is a must read! I will be recommending this book to everyone I know and harassing them until they have read it. I can’t wait for the next installment, so hurry up about it Mariah Cole! BUY THIS BOOK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment